Sunday, January 21, 2007

Alex Girls

Yesterday and last night were awesome reminders of just how good I've got it. I've got some of the greatest friends in the world - and here are three of the oldest (as in - I've known and been friends with these guys since 7th/9th/10th grade!).



Since Julie's shower - we've been talking about getting together in the cities just to scrap. It worked out - in the emails it sounded like we'd have a few hours during the day to scrap, relax, visit - whatever we wanted to do. Nancy was spending the weekend with her sister's family in St. Louis Park - so wanted to head back that way before it got dark. We wrote out directions, hugged, posed for the above photo, and said goodbye.

I really thought Julie and Mike would have to leave soon after that - as they'd be heading home (about 3 hours away) and wouldn't want to be driving too late. To my surprise we spent another 6 hours after Nancy left looking at old pictures and talking - and then we dug out my old VCR, plugged it in (it still works!) and watched our Girls Weekend videos from 1996:



and 1997:



It was a lot of fun - my face hurt from laughing so much - and the videos brought back so many great memories and times we've had together.

Here's to my "Alex Girls" - I love you all and can't wait 'til "Girls Weekend '07!"

4 comments:

Grandpa Jerome said...

You guys look great, looks just like High School days, you all must be living right.

Thanks for posting the current picture.

Lon

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! So awesome!! Bubba is watching the videos too now. For her 16th b-day, she wants to start "Real Girls - The Next Generation"

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!! I'm glad you were all able to still have fun after I left:) That is great!! Can't wait until next time!!


Nancy

Jon N. said...

Are you saying there is a whole GROUP of women as nutty as YOU are? God help us all!