Saturday, January 06, 2007

Happy New Year!

Well - it's 2007 - and here I am. My Christmas break seemed really short. Mom and dad were here and then gone - even tho we did a lot in the short time they were here. Then I had a few days to myself - and before you knew it I was back at school! Ok - I did manage to sneak in some fun. Julie took me to a Timberwolves game (went to another one just last night also - if you're keeping score - that's 3 games this season!). Her tickets are even closer than our upgrades from the other time Paul and I went.



It was a lot of fun. Here we are - Julie in her Christmas Wolves hat - and you can even see the kids behind us who kept kicking our chairs the whole night! :)



New Year's Eve was outstanding. We had our first real snowstorm of the season - which was ok - since I had my jammies packed with a plan to stay at Heidi's new condo. Let me tell you - she put out quite the spread! She even had her punch fountain going! Julie and I brought snacks (enough for a party of 20 or so) and Heidi prepared a four star menu - steak, shrimp scampi kabobs, fresh green beans, baked potato, and we had a chocolate fountain with things to dip for dessert.



I don't think I stopped eating all night - I for sure donned my jammies a little early - to take advantage of the elastic waist band! - as you can see in our "Just before the ball dropped" timed-photo!



So, I'm back at school and back into my more normal routine. Hope you are having a wonderful start to the new year!

No comments: