Sunday, May 13, 2007

Jaime's First Mother's Day

Alice and Mommy


Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there who read this blog on a semi-regular basis. Today was even more special to some special friends who are newbies to being celebrated this day. Sudeshna is the newest! She's only been a mom for 5 days! Happy Mother's Day to Melanie, too! I can't even believe I just typed that last sentence! Who would have known 2 years ago - that you'd be celebrating Mother's Day today!! - And - to my very own sister-in-law - Happy 1st Mother's Day Jaime! You (and my brother) have given me a most cherished gift - a wonderful niece - whom I love more than I knew I would! I am very happy that I got to help you celebrate today.

Lon, Jaime, and Alice picked me up shortly after 10am. We were on our way to Eagan - to Cousin Heidi's place for Mother's Day Brunch. But FIRST! A stop at Caribou - must have foo foo coffees for special days. (ok - and for not so special days too!) We arrived fashionably late - and brunch was served! Greg and Mary Joy were there - Julie and Zach, Jon and Genevieve, Heidi - and the Jerome kids. Heidi is always such an awesome hostess - even when she's had NO SLEEP! There were like 12 quiches! - ok - no - but I think there were five! - fruit, some fundraiser bread, bacon, sausage, danishes, potatoes - and salad?? - Seriously - am I the only one? - I don't think I've seen salad at brunch before today! :) :) :)

Rock Star


Alice was a hit at Heidi's. She played on the floor - was totally into the shaggish carpeting - loved on her cousins Jon and Julie - and behaved like the little rock star she is!

Jammin' with Cousin Julie



Lovin' on Cousin Jon



After brunch - we headed back up to the city - where Lon and Jaime dropped me off at home - then headed to Elk River to Jaime's mom's. I set to cooking. Whew! I made chicken curry, sesame chicken, fried rice, and parathas. Julie, Heidi, Lon, Jaime, and Alice came to dinner - where we watched Saturday Night Live - ate yummy Sunday dinner - and laughed and giggled with Alice as she stole the show once again!

Snackin' at Auntie Carrie's


It's been a long but fun day. The dishes will wait til tomorrow - (or Tuesday, or Wednesday. . .) :)

Why does Auntie Carrie take so many pictures??



Happy Mother's Day.

4 comments:

Grandma said...

What an awesome day!!! You all had so much fun (and great pictures, thank you)!

I am so glad we have airline tickets for July. Love to all,
Grandma

Melissa said...

Carrie- She is so precious! If she were my niece, I'd be spoiling her too!!!! :) Have a great week!

Grandpa Jerome said...

Hey Alice,

You are a "Rock Star" and that is why Auntie Carrie takes so many pictures of you and besides, Grandma and Grandpa like her to take pictures of you and post them on the "BLOG".

We Love you and take care of Mommy, Daddy, and especially Auntie Carrie,

Grandpa

Anonymous said...

Dude - Salad at Brunch is totally legit - have you never dined at a restaurant for brunch? :)

and Damn, me and Alice are cute. She improves everyones looks.
u know who