Thursday, June 07, 2007

Look Who Came To Visit

Today was our last day of school with kids (we work tomorrow). And I had a VISITOR! Meet Peterson. His mama, See, was one of my 8th graders - my first year at Jackson. Actually - I've had all of her younger sibs too! (I missed her older sister - who was already in high school when I came to JMS.) I've had See, Xue, Vai, John, Kazia, and now Jean. I probably won't have anymore from this family - as they are getting further and further from needing ESL services! :)

Anyway - I had to share. I'm loving this whole "been teaching awhile" thing - this year I had two students come back to introduce their new wives - and today I met Peter. Yup. Pretty cool. (It really is too bad - that this feeling can't be bottled up into salary - because - I think I'd be rich! :) At least my heart is full even tho my bank account isn't!)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

HOW CUTE IS HE?!?!?!?!?

This is why we went into teaching.........definitely NOT for the money!!!!

Anyway, today we survived another year, sista! :) yippeee!

Have a great summer....and I'm sure we'll be in touch via the blogging world!

p.s. I am waiting for the post on your Valleyfair experiences! Hehehehee!

Grandma said...

That is so neat! You love the feeling, Carrie, but it says so much about how YOU impact your students' lives, that they want to come back to share with you.

You are a wonderful teacher and person! I love you,
Mom