Sunday, July 08, 2007

First Week of July

It's been a long but fun week - here are the highlights:

Tues. July 3rd . . .

Was the last day of summer school for the week :) YAY - and that night I attended the annual Hayden "3rd of July Party" - that I've missed for the last couple of years. It was fun - lots of kids running around - and lots of smug marrieds.




Wed. July 4th . . .

In bed ALL day with a migrane headache - and then nausea. Vanhtha in bed all day too - must have had that "sympathy" migrane I've heard so much about. . . or he's just really really lazy!! :) However - I did manage to finish the 5th Harry Potter - Order of the Phoenix - just in time for the movie to come out July 11th - hmmm. . reading may not have helped the migrane so much. Also - managed to get to St. Paul (thinking the fresh air would do me good) - to Benicks' for bbq and fireworks. . yummy food - but added to the nausea.

Speaking of Vanhtha - besides sleeping - this is what he does. Plays poker online. And now he got an iPod - so snapped this pic - so I would giggle - as he is also SINGING outloud. :)




Thurs. July 5th . . .

Went into work for JUSTABIT and then met Jaymie for scrapbooking at Archivers and (of course) lunch at Long John Silvers. Made it an early night - trying to take care of whatevertheheckthisis.


Fri. July 6th . . .

Had Alice all day - started with storytime in Maple Grove and then some light shopping. Made it into Dr. . . who gave me antibiodics - to try to get rid of this sinuswhateveritis . . . so we'll see - so far - only 2 days of drugs . . Fri. night I brought movies over to Julie - who was laid up with her foot in a boot having just had bone spur surgery or something or other that morning. . .

This is Alice after drinking milk from her sippy cup - kinda opens her mouth at the corners - and milk pours back out.



Here's a cuter picture of her doing the same thing.




Sat. July 7th . . .

Yes - I did make it to a 07/07/07 wedding! I went up to Shafer, MN for Hayden's sister's wedding. Awesome day - hot as hell - but still beautiful. They really did the outdoor wedding thing well. There were carnival games for kids, hayrides, snowcones, popcorn, and a pig roast. Nobody could say they weren't entertained!!



Driving home from Shafer - I stopped to get a pic of something I saw on the way there - Lady Liberty - in Lindstrom, MN. Yup. (This is for you Heidi!) :)




Sun. July 8th . . . .

Today - hung out here for a bit - waited for Heidi to call - she wanted to hang today - that never happened. . but that's ok - cuz I got to hang out with the Jerome/Olesens. . . and saw Alice in her pool - and ate steak, corn on the cob, and potatoes on the grill. . . .

. . And now. . .procrastinating bed time. . . reality again tomorrow. . .2nd graders. . . lesson plans. . .uh. . whoops. . .gotta go! :)

5 comments:

Mama Kautz said...

so should I read ALL the Harry Potter books before we go to the movie at midnihgt Tuesday??? Joey and I are going since Emily and Jesse are at camp ::gasp:: til Friday. I haven't read any of them, but I don't want Joey to go alone...are you busy Tuesday night LOL

Grandma said...

You had a very busy, diverse week. Hope the drugs kick in and you feel much better soon.

I love you, and really look forward to seeing you - LESS than 2 weeks :)

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Look how cute you and Hayden are!

Grandpa Jerome said...

You look hot in those pictures, I mean temperature wise.

See you in 2 1/2 weeks.


Love Dad

Lonny Unitus said...

i think you've taken the most unflattering picture of your niece in existance. congrats! ;)