Thursday, July 19, 2007

Weekend at the Lake

Ok - so I was beginning to feel bad that I did not have an answer to the "What are you doing this summer?" question. So - I called up Jaymie and took her up on the standing invite to her camper. So last Friday afternoon - I headed to St. Paul to pick Jaymie up from work. We made our way up to Andover - to find her family not really ready to get on the road. . .like not packed. . and not showered. . .

BUT . . less than an hour later we were headed north.

The weekend with the family (yes, hubby, teenager, tweener, and the boy) was quite the experience. Between sibling battles and fits of whining - I really did get to spend the weekend the way I like to - what I like to do on vacation - RELAX.

I read a lot (Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince), watched 3 movies I hadn't seen before, slept in (as much as I could on that so called "bed" I slept on!) :), ate snacks, and just plain "hung out."

Being that we had just had a week of like 90 degree weather - it was weird to not have hot sun to entice us into the water, but on Sunday we were determined to go out in the boat - sun or no sun. Jaymie kept bundled - but the kids and I jumped in the water - and enjoyed the day!


Here we are - still dry - and ready to go.

The boy just couldn't stand that I kept laughing for "no reason." (Sorry W, I guess I laugh out loud when I'm having a good time!!) :)

Here's what happens when the boat slows waaaaaayy down. Tube goes under - and forces you off. . .I apparently found this also hilarious.

NOT so hilarious is this little 70 pounder trying to help me back onto the tube in the middle of the lake. (OK - it's a little funny!)



I had a great time! Thanks, Jaymie and fam, for making my weekend getaway so much FUN!! :)

2 comments:

Grandma said...

Last weekend looks like it was great fun!

I'm excited about THIS weekend - I'll see you tomorrow!!!!!

I love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you came with. I had such a great time. Come back any time. Mi casa es su casa