Wednesday, August 02, 2006

knocked up

(Posted by Melanie) Keeping up with the baby theme......I'm having one too.

My little fling from Brazil ended up staying with me for a few months in the beginning of the year (in Bangkok), and then in the beginning of March he left for New Zealand to work and travel. The end of March I found out I was pregnant - I was completely freaked out.

Since then I've come to the realization that it's going to be okay. Fabio came back in June. We moved into a nice apartment a little further out of the city. I will finish my teaching contract in June 2007 and have a six week paid maternity leave. The baby is due in November. Fabio will be staying at home and taking care of the little one (we think it's a boy) when I go back to work.

This summer we went on vacation. We spent a week in Cambodia (Angkor Wat is amazing), three weeks in Bali (beautiful) and a few days in Malaysia. We had a relaxing time and spent most of it eating and watching the World Cup (Fabio is a big fan).

Not sure what will happen with Fabio and I - I realize that, statically, our chances aren't great. However, I figured I should give it a shot - being that he's the father and all. Either way, I'm going to be a mommy and I'm happy with that.

No comments: