Friday, August 18, 2006

Busy Little Red Hens

Wow - the Little Red Hen Society has been busy! We have had an awesomely fun week that started last Saturday. Julie and I took in a Polish Fest held here in NE. I read about it in my little neighborhood newspaper - saw pierogi and cabbage rolls - and had to go! Julie came over in the morning with coffees and scones. Mmmmmm coffee and scones. . . . . and then we headed out for a bee-u-tiful (as Lon Sr. would say) day for a festival. The first thing we hit was the food - and both had pierogi - I think Julie had cabbage rolls too - but they had tomato sauce on them - and that's not how MY mom makes them. . . so I passed. :)



We bought many raffle tickets and signed up for door prizes - but no one's called me yet to tell me I won! Both of us bought a dozen frozen pierogi to take home - I shared with Lonny and Jaime. - and I think my little bro enjoyed them. :)

Sat. night we all hooked up again in St. Paul for cousin/brother Jon's Pirate-themed 35th birthday party. Whew! He's gettin' old!

Sun. was a spontaneous gathering of the Little Red Hens. We had no plans but kinda gravitated toward each other and met up at Rosedale for some shopping and then ended up at Big Bowl. for lunch/dinner.

We didn't see each other for 3 whole days - when we met up again for lunch with our cousin Jay. We went to Red Robin. in Shoreview (I think). It was a good lunch - with some "catch up" type chatter. Cool to "re-meet" your cousins as adults.



Wed. night was the weekly gathering for Project Runway.. Julie and I have gotten together for all but one night of this new season. Heidi hadn't seen it before - but got sucked in and was just as surprised when Allison got sent home as we were! What the hell??? Vincent should have been gone like 3 weeks ago!! The best part of Wed. night tho - was our awesome gourmet dinner we put together. Heidi brought over salmon and asparagus, Julie brought over veggies and salad, and I made sweet potato bake. We were so proud of our YUMMY gourmet meal that we HAD to take pics of it. Mary Jo would be proud - as it was very colorful!



And yes, I ate all of it - even the raw orange pepper (dipped in ranch). . . . little girl is growing up!

I love my girls. I love hanging out with them. It's fun to have cousins who are also great friends!

3 comments:

Mama Kautz said...

::::SNIFF SNIFF::: wish I wasn't so far away sounds like you are having a great summer

Jon N. said...

I saw Snakes on a Plane! last night. It was fun...if only just to see how amazingly bad the writing was.

Anonymous said...

Love the "Little Red Hen Society" club. Sounds like a blast. Love the gourmet food *and* that you're eating big girl veggies now....

muah