Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Back To School Catch-Up

Well - I guess we have some readers - so it's time to get caught up with the blogging! Here's the scoop on my last 4 weeks:

1. Visit from Parents

Mom and dad came in August to meet Alice. We had a great time - and now they know what they're missing by living so damned far away! Looking at this family pic - I can't believe how much Alice has GROWN since this was taken just FOUR weeks ago!



2. State Fair

Wow - this seems AGES ago - but I went to the fair with my Little Red Hens on Labor Day. We were up early - and even tho Julie had a REALLY bad back -we ate our way pretty much thru everything we wanted to eat! The hotdish on a stick was AWESOME!



3. Back to School

The 06-07 school year has started - and has kept me very busy! I'm teaching new classes again - so I have to think a little more about what I'm going to do each morning, meetings are driving me nuts!, and I have a new room(s)! - BUT - my kids are good - and I love my co-workers - so that helps a lot. I am (for the 4th year!) working as Site Manager for varsity boys and girls soccer - so that keeps me busy some evenings.

4. Ann's 30th

Last Thursday Ann turned 30 - and some friends of hers threw a party for her at Cafe Havana downtown. It was a good time - but I outlasted the birthday girl! What the heck??? :) (PS - this place is WORTH checking out - just for the free valet!)



(Oh yeah - and I got my hair cut and colored - as you can see from the birthday pic - Lonny hates it. I like it.)

5. Crafty Sunday

Sunday was the Little Red Hens' 2nd Crafty Sunday. It was a good time. Julie and I started it out in the morning - she came over - we took the dogs out for a walk - stopped @ Lon's to pick him and Alice up - walked up to Audubon - got coffees/chai - and walked home. We leisurely started crafting - Heidi joined us - then friend Terry came and then cousin/sis Michele. We chatted and talked some crap - and then I got to cookin. We had curry - and for my 3rd attempt - I was a little bummed - (I think I've done better) - but they said it was good - so I guess I'll live with that. (leftovers tonight! yum!)

This week (& next) will be very busy - Lonny and I are going to Fargo on Sat. for a Trans Ams reunion show. Should be a blast. I'll try to keep up - and blog about it when I get back!

No comments: