Saturday, December 23, 2006

Little Red Hens 2

Today was the second annual Polish food making day!



We waited until this weekend so the Queen Hen could join us from Vegas! Mom and dad have been in MN since Wednesday night - and we planned to spend today cooking pierogi and cabbage rolls for Christmas dinners. Heidi arrived around 8:20 this morning . . and the people didn't stop coming! Mom and Dad, Julie, Michele and the girls, Lon & Jaime & Alice, Mary Joy and Greg, Jon and Genevieve - even uncle Jim and cousin Fred stopped by!

We cooked, ate, gossiped, talked sh*t, laughed, and some drank. Some drank more than others. It was fun day as my apartment was full of family and laughing! Baxter and Bella enjoyed being under foot - and loved going outside with grandpa!



Even as we (my generation) are still learning and trying to perfect our ethnic food techniques - we dragged in the NEXT generation. Kelsey and Abby got right into it. I think they enjoyed it - they should have - they did a great job!



Here are the (cool) cousins who hung out today (the Jeromes and Nordins) - including THREE future Hens - Kelsey, Abby, and Alice.



Now for a little relaxation, gift wrapping, and re-grouping! Tomorrow and Monday will be busy days! Merry Little Christmas Eve to you all!

5 comments:

Grandpa Jerome said...

Very nice post. We really enjoyed being there Carrie.

We really enjoyed seeing the neices and nephews as well as sister, brother and cousin.

I am sure the polish food will taste as good as it looks, I am looking forward to eating it.

Dad

Mama Kautz said...

awww that sounds like an AWESOME day!! you are going to need to teach me how to make all that good food :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for hosting the cooking party. I enjoyed watching everyone work, especially the Norwegian blonde who is the expert pierogi maker! Lon better watch out as she can really handle that rolling pin, with muscles! I think the vino drinking boys were actually showing off. It was fun to see everyone!

Mama Kautz said...

Between my Polish and English heritage and my husband and his German heritage I have a lot to learn LOL where does the Indian fit in

Jon N. said...

I did not get drunk. I did get the sniffles from your dogs. :( But I still love them!