Monday, December 10, 2007

Breathe

Well - I know I'm behind in my posts . . . but I'll be back this week (I PROMISE) to update.

For now - I am breathing a sigh of relief as our ESL Family Night went off without a hitch tonight. It's been a busy few weeks planning for this evening event - complete with food, child-care, info booths, and awesome q&a sessions.

I work with a great group of people - all of whom were an important part of this great event. From the support and "yes, we can" attitude of our administration - to the secretaries who greeted families and organized coffee runs - to the kitchen staff who cooked for 200 (but served less) - to the adult and student volunteers . . . words cannot say how greatful I am to be part of such an awesome team!

Here are the members of my department who were able to take a moment before the night started for a photo. (I would like to say it's the sweatshirt making me look so big. . but yeah - what can I say. . .I like my carbs.) :/



Updates from the past two weekends coming soon! (check back!)

5 comments:

Mama Kautz said...

my gosh I have been having withdrawls LOL glad to hear why you are MIA....and don't worry aobut the sweatshirt..it's winter we need our winter coats hee hee

Grandpa Jerome said...

Carrie,

You will always look fine in my eyes.

But my question would be, why didn't you guys dress a little more professional? You look fine but you could have looked better

I Love You,

Dad

Carrie said...

Yes Father. . we did discuss . .and even voted. . .but ESL shirts won - hands down.

We wanted to show our "ESL Pride." (plus it's always awesome to wear jeans!)

geez - i'm already feeling a little guilty. . . ok - stay tuned for next year's event. . to see what we wear! :)

Jon N. said...

What about those updates?

Mama Kautz said...

um ya checking everyday and nothing?????? LOL well school is out in another day so you will have plenty of time to catch up :)