Sunday, December 30, 2007

First Week of Vacation

Week One of my Vacation is done - and I think I did a pretty good job of enjoying it!

Wednesday was Daddy and Alice Day at Lon's - so I went over there and hung out with them for a bit. I bundled Alice up and took her out in the snow while Lonny shoveled. Once she got the hang of walking in those boots, she really loved it. Her favorite thing to do was kind of to fall forward into a snowbank.







Thursday I watched Alice while both Lon and Jaime worked. Auntie Sue called to invite me up to Blaine for lunch with her and Grandma and Grandpa. Alice and I accepted and spent a fun few hours at Sue's. We went out to lunch at Carol's (Sue and Bob's go-to-cafe). Alice was great - playing with Great Grandpa at lunch, sitting at Auntie Sue's keyboard, and being cute for everybody!









Photo by Alice



Thursday night was sorta like old times. I picked up Melanie for a night out. We went to Suzie's - which was ok - but we wanted more excitement. We headed over to Grumpy's - which was full - not packed. .but we decided to head over to the Turf Club for live music. That was fun, but loud. And even MORE like old times - Vanhtha joined us for "one drink." We didn't stay all night - in fact I think we left about midnight. I had a lot of fun.

Friday I hung out with Alice again. Here are a few adorable photos from our lunchtime experience.




Alice is so cute with her faces, but mom's right . .no camera is quick enough to get them! Here's a teeny hint at one of the cute faces!


"Auntie Carrie, put away the camera!"


"Seriously, Auntie Carrie! Now I'm getting crabby!"



Friday night was Girls Night (LRH event) at Cousin Heidi's. We had a GREAT dinner of chicken, green beans, cheesy potatoes, and Mrs. T's pierogis. Then we chillaxed and watched movies. Julie headed home - but I crashed at Heidi's. With Heidi's window coverings in her bedroom - and no dogs to wake me up - I slept until 10AM!! It was nice. We slowly got up, watched another movie, and got ready for the day.



Saturday was actually the Sibling Christmas at Jon/Genevieve's so Heidi and I made our way to St. Paul for MORE yummy food and general chillaxin. We had chili and a bunch of apps. . .and after they opened presents - we hung out and played a lot of Wii!!







It's Sunday. Vikes play at 3pm. Yes, as Lon said, if the Saints win at noon - then it really won't matter that the Vikes are playing today. . . but I'll probably watch anyway. Pups come home soon - and Week Two of my Vacation starts tomorrow! Happy New Year!! (if I don't talk to you sooner!)

3 comments:

Grandpa Jerome said...

Great pictures and comments, thanks for the update.

I Love You,

Dad

Grandma said...

Great pictures! You have managed to pack lots into your first week of vacation.

Love,
Mom

Melissa said...

The SAINTS LOST!!!! GO BEARS! :)

Glad you enjoyed week one! THANK GOD WE HAVE ANOTHER WEEK OFF!!!!!!!! :-)

I need it!