Monday, May 05, 2008

Happy Birthday Lon & Jaime! . . . and some catch-up

Saturday was Lon's birthday - and today is Jaime's. My present to them (besides stock in Wii and Caribou) was to watch Alice while they celebrated with dinner/movie and dinner/shopping. (Of course, this is really a present for me - but shhh. . don't tell them that!)

(May 5th) Tonight Alice and I headed to the park after dinner. She was ready to go and met me at the door with all the things she'd need for the bike trip - baby (check), flip flops like Auntie Carrie (check), Auntie Carrie's camera (check), sidewalk chalk (check), ba ba (check). Yup - we were ready to go!







(May 3rd) Saturday we all ate dinner at Khan's (Lon's favorite) - then Alice and I headed to Rosedale for our new favorite indoor hang out. Tights were stripped off so as to grip better for climbing. Here are some shots in the Micky Mouse car (which completely sucks when quarters are put in - note facial expression of child) - 2 ba bas at a time - and the cutest "little old lady" baby upon arriving home from our adventure.







(May 2nd) Friday was the LEP Convention in St. Paul - so pretty much my whole department was downtown for that. That night I met up with Julie, Jon, Genevieve, and Julie's friend Lacey for the best Twins game! (what - like 11 to 1?!?!?!) Good game to go to . . AHEM . . Heidi!!



(April 27th & 30th) Both nights we went out to celebrate the craft fair being over. (it was April 26th - blustery cold day - hateful weather!) Here's a shot of Alice at Macaroni Grill with her napkin tucked under her chin bib-style . . . and then on the 30th - on our way to California Pizza Kitchen - check out the cute family - note Alice's purse on her arm. TOO CUTE!





(April 23rd) The week before the fair I spent a lot of time with Alice to keep her out of the artists' hair. This was the night I brought her with me to Rosedale to pick up my new jeans (Julie - they're SILVERS - not SEVENS . . yeah, I knew I wasn't that cool) . . . and we discovered the play area.



(April 20th) Alice and I went up to Bob and Sue's to help celebrate Hannah Sophia's baptism. We got to do 2 of Alice's favorite things. 1) eat cake and 2) hold Baby Hannah. I also had to grab a shot of Alice on our way back - she had my sunglasses on - and looked adorable! After a naptime - we headed to the park with Daddy on her (then) new bike.













(March 28-30) My pictures of the Hunter Girls' reunion suck. Check out my parents' page for better ones. What were we thinking taking these group shots in front of this white board??? (Oh yeah - and this is where Alice really got to meet Baby Hannah - and hold her for the first time. . . )







That should catch you up. I'll try to be better about posting again. :)

6 comments:

Grandpa Jerome said...

Loved the posts.

Did anyone take a picture of Alice going to daycare today, her first day?

Hope so.

Love,

Dad

Grandma said...

Thanks for finally posting! You are such a great auntie, Carrie, and I'm so glad you take your camera with you everywhere.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

YYYYAAAAAYYYY for posting! LRH2

Mama Kautz said...

ya for updates!! thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hello

Firstly, great blog

Secondly, I am sorry to bother you but my name is Andy Bushkes and I live in London England.

I am doing some family research and came across my second name on your blog.

Can you let me know who "Bushkes" is in your blog as I a curious if I have a relative in Minnesota USA?

Thank you for your time

Email:
c.bushkes@btinternet.com

jb said...

OMFG - finally an update. I look pretty cute at the Twins game :) LOVE ALices bike.

Happy Bday L&J