Saturday, May 31, 2008

2nd Half of May Update

Memorial Day Weekend


It has been rainy and cool this past week - but we did have a glimmer of sun and a break from the rain for a few hours - enough to take a picnic to Minnehaha Falls. I joined the Jerome/Olesens for a lunchtime trek up and down the falls. I really think Alice enjoyed the whole picnic thing. She was kind of like a Princess - with yummy foods strewn about - and she just sat in the middle of the blanket choosing what to eat next.




Cultural Week at JMS


This was our 3rd year of celebrating the many Jackson cultures - with the Wednesday night dinner as the highlight. Kids (& parents) prepare foods from all over the world and many people dress up. It's our little version of a "Festival of Nations" - and this year we ended the evening with a fashion show. It's a lot of work by my whole department - but looking at these pics - you know it's worthwhile!






Karly and her friend helped out by selling buttons.


Alice Mae tried a lot of things!




One of my 8th graders served up my pierogis!




My favorite dress of the night!

1 comment:

jb said...

um - yeah - why wasn't I invited? Did I make a bad impression last year :)