Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Annual Cultural Celebration

(This is one of my favorite shots - my Mexican student running my Polish booth - serving food to our Chinese student, her mom, and her American step-dad. What a country!)


I've totally lost track of how many years we've been doing this event - and boy is it A. Lot. Of. Work. - but totally worth it! Every year - we're worried about the turn out - or the commitment of these teenagers - and so far, every year - they come through! We had 20 different cultures represented in our food booths - with over 40 kids working in the booths! And, again, we had a great show of talent after the food - except that I had to leave because of Tegan and Sara - more on that later . .. and because Becky was producing the show - Joe was back stage helping to direct kids - Mandy was cleaning up food and serving trays - and Mikki was doing my job - of cleaning up the cafeteria - Sara's ONE. JOB was to record the performance. Yeah. Nothing. Camera full. She didn't notice. That's okay, right? We still have the still shots. Nope. None of those either. So - none of us (including the kids) will get to see the performance. I'm still bitter about it. I'll let it go someday - but not today. When administration specifically asks for photos of the event to post on the district's webpage - and I have to answer back - yeah, we have NO photos of the event. Gonna love that conversation.

1 comment:

jb said...

you could put this pic on the website