Sunday, October 01, 2006

Brunch Weekend

This past Sat. was the brunch shower that Jaymie, Nancy and I planned for Julie. All was going according to plan until we got an email from Marc saying that Nancy wouldn't make it due to her eye issues. She's not feeling well - and they're not exactly sure what it is - but she has to take meds that caused her to have a severe migrane. SO - we missed her tons - but had a great weekend - I think Julie really enjoyed herself!

Friday night I headed up to Jaymie's after doing some shower grocery shopping. Jaymie had pizza waiting for dinner - and then I pretty much watched her make roses out of frosting. I DID get some prep work done, however, when I finally cut up the honeydew and canteloupe. I got home around 1am - and after checking email and stuff - got to bed around 2!



Sat. morning came early - and I headed back up to Jaymie's. The shower started around 10 - and was very casual - which was very nice. Julie's friends started coming - and eventually we got to eating - we had "Cheesy Pancakes," "Sunshine Ring," Krispy Kremes, bagels, fruit, cupcakes, and mimosas. Mostly we sat around talking and eating - until we gathered in the living room for a few Zobmondo questions and then gifts!

After the "other" guests left - we started to start to get ready to scrapbook. (We didn't get a lot of scrappin' done - but we had a good time anyway!) -

This morning I awoke to some annoying music playing over and over (Wyatt had his video game paused). We made an Archiver's, DSW, & Petsmart run - then picked up Long John Silver's and headed back to Jaymie's for lunch. (PS - I'm sure it will take at least 3 days for my body to get back to normal after this weekend's binge!)



Julie finally headed home around 4pm - and I left Jaymie's soon after. I got home in time to meet Heidi and take the dogs to Minnehaha - to enjoy the 84 degree October day!

Nancy - we missed you tons - and are already planning our scrappin' weekend in Ely - AFTER the wedding (duh!) - so get better soon - k? :)

1 comment:

Grandpa Jerome said...

What it the world, it looks like 1991 in Alexandria. You guys look great! Julie, congratulations! Jaymie, you look very good, Carrie, you look great as usual. Very nice to see the great picture of the 3 of you. Just a Grumpy old Grandpa.