Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving in Vegas

I left for Vegas Tuesday night. The flight was pretty uneventful - I even got to watch the new Pirates of the Carribean movie. Even tho it took a long time to get to mom and dad's from the airport - ahem - once we got there - all was well. Mom, Grandma, and I got pedicures on Wednesday and Sue and Bob joined the party on Thursday. Thanksgiving dinner was shortly after Bob and Sue arrived. We ate alot (duh)! We had all the normal stuff - turkey, stuffing, potatoes, yams, cabbage rolls, and potato sausage. And of course - pie! We had the free Pumpkin pie from Santa Fe Station and also cherry.



Of course there were leftovers - so I tried the Pampered Chef recipe I learned just last Monday. (& now mom has leftovers of the leftovers!) Grandma's cousin, Valerie came in from AZ and mom and dad's neighbors, Ed and Lynn, walked down the block for said leftovers. :)

A holiday with Grandma and Grandpa is not complete without many rounds of cards - and this holiday did not disappoint. I think I may be a little ahead - but Christmas is right around the corner - so I'm not counting my nickles just yet!

Here's a favorite shot from my trip. Three generations of cutie pies! Mom, Grandma, and Me.



Coming home on the redeye last night - wasn't terrible. I was bummed that the flight was too late for the movie. I had to listen to my iPod, try to ignore the woman behind me - who couldn't decide if she wanted to or did NOT want to use her tray, and sleep sitting up. Oh well, I made it home - Julie came and picked me up even tho she was comfy and warm in her bed when I landed - and I was in my own bed by 5am.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Grandpa Jerome said...

We are so glad you were able to come for Thanksgiving, we love to have you here.

We still have leftovers and Mom is not home yet, but I am sure that is what we will have for supper tonight.

So glad you were here,

Dad