Tuesday, August 07, 2007

National Night Out

Ok - I finally went. I watched my neighbors gather for the past two summers for National Night Out - and this year I finally got the courage to go.

Heidi was supposed to go with me - for courage - but ended up cancelling due to "female issues." She still encouraged me to go tho - like annoyingly so. . . :)

So - I finished my taco salad (yes, mom's recipe) - took a deep breath - and walked two houses down - and joined the party.

It was really fun - most of them all knew each other - and after the initial introductions I pretty much sat back and listened to all the stories. (It was very much like sitting at the Legion in Lancaster . . everyone knew what was going on at this house and that, and that person did this and that. . very interesting - but as Heidi pointed out - needed - in the city.)

I had a great time, everyone loved the taco salad (one guy even said "you're the taco salad, right?" when introducing himself) . . and I think I'm on the email list now - to get neighborhood updates and goings on! :)

PS - yes, I have photos of the Princess' birthday - and thoughts on the bridge collapse . .but those will come on a later post. . .

3 comments:

Grandpa Jerome said...

It's about time you take an interest in your community. All communities need people like you to be involved.

By the way, you left out the best stuff in Mom's recipe, like tomatoes, onions and kidney beans.

Oh well, if they liked it, so be it.

I Love You,

Dad

Mama Kautz said...

I need the recipe for this awesome recipe.....thanks for the well wishes for la la land boy

Anonymous said...

rock on!!! I am so proud of my little cuz for joing NNO!!!!!!
LRH#1 a.k.a The Muscle