Thursday, October 18, 2007

Auntie / Alice Day

Yay MEA Long Weekend!

First off - a photo of my new hair. Trimmed up the back. . . more bangs cut. . . less red, more brown this time. Enjoy:



I have today and tomorrow off of work - so what better way to spend them - than to hang out with Alice! I arrived at Alice's house around 9am. Lonny was already at work and Jaime was heading out to a meeting. After getting The Princess dressed, we headed to the downtown Minneapolis Public Library for storytime. The story was If You Give A Mouse A Cookie. AND the Mouse from the book was there. We didn't get too close, but it was fun watching all the kids get excited. We played a lot with the puppets at the Puppet Theater area - and of course we found some good books to read! (We also sang "Who Stole The Cookie From The Cookie Jar.") - which is not the version in this link - but it's a cute video anyway.







We headed home for lunch. Jaime came home shortly after we got home - however was able to get some other work done while Alice and I played (Jaime also had a dentist appt). After an afternoon nap, both Jaime and Lonny came home and we promptly ordered Papa John's online. It was yummy. Alice enjoyed pizza bits dipped in sauce (yes, we had practiced for this at lunchtime by dipping hotdogs in ketchup!). . . looks like Lonny enjoyed the dipping experience too.





Alice was not happy when dipping was officially over. (good thing both Alice and Daddy were wearing red shirts!)



After a quick bath, it was time for jammies and some down time. I hung out with the family for a little while longer in Alice's room.



It's been a fun day. I'm going back tomorrow afternoon/evening so Lonny and Jaime can see a movie. Yay! I love long weekends! :)

3 comments:

Grandpa Jerome said...

Carrie,

You are the best Auntie in the whole world.

I Love the pictures of Alice eating pizza with the dipping sauce.

Sounds like a great time, I wish I were there.

Grandpa

Grandpa Jerome said...

Carrie,

I am not sure about the hair, I really like you best as a blonde, but if this is what you want, more power to you.

I Love You no matter the color of your hair,

Dad,

Mama Kautz said...

we just did the give a mouse a cookie book week before last at co-op for cookie month :)
I like it brown because ya know brunettes have more fun hee hee
I talked to Dave about moving to MN he asked if there is Elk hunting??