Monday, June 09, 2008

True Colors


I know I'm going to be draggin' tomorrow - but I had to stay up to blog about the AWESOME show I just went to! Today was Valleyfair for 8th grade - beautiful day for it - also long and tiring. Last Friday (at about 2pm) Amy in Anoka asked if I wanted to go with her to this concert after we got back from VFair. After 2 seconds of me figuring out that it was the True Colors show - and that she was presenting me with not only one but THREE free tickets - I knew that I would have enough energy after Valleyfair to head downtown Mpls!!

Yadda yadda yadda . . . Amy got sick - Jaime got sick - Zach had to work - and it was me, Julie, Heidi, and Don. I had to double check the tickets when we got downtown - as NO ONE was in the parking ramp - and NO ONE was in the Target Center. We had the right venue and night AND time. Not a lot of people were there for the first band - The Cliks - which was a bummer for them as The Cliks were AWESOME!!


Next up was Tegan and Sara!!! UGHHHH They were so awesome!! I loved them before - but now that I've seen them live - ughh!! Just freakin' cool! I bought a t-shirt - or should I say - Donnie and Julie bought me a shirt -as I left my check card in my shorts from Valleyfair. (yes, I'm wearing it to school tomorrow!!)

Between each act - Carson Kressley entertained the crowd - and he did a pretty good job of it!!


There was also an intermission in there somewhere - and Rosie O'Donnel was there . . . and pretty darn funny - although Julie is right - she was dressed terribly!! - Carson must have been having heart palpitations just looking at her!!


After the break the B-52's came on . . . .and then . . . .CYNDI!! Wow. She was awesome. She was great! What a performer! This was my first time seeing her in concert - even tho "She's So Unusual" (along with Prince's "Purple Rain") was my first cassette tape!! - I got them for Christmas in 6th grade!



And of course there was a finale with an awesome "True Colors" sing-along!! UGHH!! Great night!!


My pics are as good as can be expected - but I'm posting them anyway - so I can remember the AWESOME night I had for FREE. Thanks for the tickets Amy . . (and Lisa too!)

1 comment:

Mama Kautz said...

I listen to 80's and the kids think I am nuts LOL sounds like you had a blast!! very cool