Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tricky Furnace

Well - my furnace was acting funny again today. Ugg. . . Like it TRIES to kick on - but it can't. (this has happened once before - a few Sundays ago) I did the trouble shooting stuff that sorta worked last time (I actually have no idea what made it work again last time). . that didn't work. Called Dad for advice. He suggested calling Cousin Matt for advice/name of good HVAC guy. Matt ended up coming OVER!! He found more knobs and switches I hadn't seen before - and with a bunch of reading and tugging and dinkin' around - it finally kicked on! Again - still not sure exactly what caused the dang thing to start working again - but the Big Picture - I have heat tonight - and the name of the place Matt uses (Northern Heating and Air Conditioning). I'm calling them tomorrow - and they have this "membership" - pretty much you pay every month a fee - but then they come out for yearly tune ups and offer discounts on service. Anyhoo. . I'm calling them. :)

Ughh - not ready for this FULL FIVE DAY week coming up!

CRAFT FAIR this weekend! Come check Lon/Jaime out! (and YES - Lonny did the poster for this year's show!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carrie, do you have Excel for your electricity? Mom pays like 5 or 10 bucks a month on her bill and it covers maintenance for all of her appliances. Washer, dryer, stove, etc. I think that's how it works. Check with her but I didn't think it was that much. I believe it covers furnaces too. And they just tack it on to the bill. Love Heidi

Anonymous said...

OH and if you don't have Excel, your energy company may do the same thing. I know the Bears out in Coon Rapids have a similar plan through their energy company. Heidi again

Anonymous said...

OOPS. Sorry I didn't notice you posted this Sunday night so you probably already called that company. LRH2

Mama Kautz said...

It is Tuesday and I just saw this post...so do you have an update on what you found out :)