Friday, August 12, 2005

My name is Carrie, and I gossip

First of all - yesterday was a good day for friends! Boy did I make the rounds.

I started off with lunch in Coon Rapids with Michele. She works at our Intake Center - so we gossiped about work - and enjoyed lunch at a Chinese buffet.

Since I was in the neighborhood - I called up grad school/former coworker/bridesmaid Tracy - and stopped by to visit her and her girls. 18month old Lindsey didn't know what to think of me for a long time - but was sharing Play Dough with me by the time big sis Emme got home from a friend's house. It was great to catch up with Tracy - it's been a long time since we just hung out and talked! (Of COURSE we had to debrief from the previous night's gathering at my house!)

Around 4pm I met up with high school buddies Nancy F and Jaymie to scrapbook at Archiver's in Roseville for scrappin' and more gossiping. (geez - I gossip ALOT! - at least I admit it! ;) We took a break to have dinner at Quizno's - where we got to see cousin (and fellow scrapbooker) Sarah (and her DD) who just ran in to use the bathroom!

I ran home to let the dogs out - and by 9pm was out the door again to meet with friends at Psycho Suzie's. Ann brought a friend from her adult school, Vanhtha came out for his traditional "one drink," and O'Calla also made it out for greasy food and beer. Midway thru an evening of laughing and talking crap (and yes, gossiping) - I caught the eye of a guy at the next table - it was Lobster Boy's (remember him??) friend - that married guy who flirted with Melanie!! LB wasn't with the table of 10 or so guys - as far as I could tell - it wasn't like I could sit and stare - right?? :) - so that's a bummer - but it be nice if I could lose 10 pounds or so before I run into LB again anyway! :)

So - the moral of the story:

(Good Friends + Gossip) x (Food + Laughter) = A Great Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the 10 pounds, all you really need is to wear your cute little mini skirt!

Had so much fun last night. Love to spend time with you.