Monday, January 21, 2008

"I Need To Think About It"

Went out into the blustery MN January weather Saturday night with Heidi. We went to Chatterbox in S. Minneapolis to meet some coworker friends of hers. . .

Good time - I hadn't been there since before Melanie went to Thailand - so at least 3 years! It was as I remember it - but without the smoke. Instead of my clothes and hair reaking of smoke the next day - it was deep-fried-greasy smell! :)

So - one of Heidi's coworkers was totally hot - like totally "my type" . . . of course - none of this was discussed until we were in the safety of Heidi's car - headed home. . . .

Turns out this guy is one Heidi had thought would be a good "set up" for me. . . . cool huh?

Heidi (and I guess most of you??) had to work today - and mentioned to said coworker (we can call him "Mario" - as that was the video game he played the entire night. Yup, entire night) . . so Heidi mentioned to Mario that I thought he was a nice guy - and would he be interested in meeting me/going out/whatever she proposed. . .

His answer. . . "I need to think about it . . ."

Uhhh. . this is why I'm single. What?? You need to think about what? On whether or not you cand stand to drink a beer/coffee/eat a dinner across from me for like an hour or two?? I don't know - I'm trying to play devil's advocate - and like what if Heidi came to me and said that the balding-dorkus-across the table from me was interested - and would I want to go out with him sometime? Yeah - I probably would just say "no." Not "think about it and then say no. .. or never bring up again". ..

God - men suck. More specifically - dating sucks.

UGHHHHH

(OK - so NOT dating sucks even worse!)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Hon, *HUG*

That sucks! :P Who needs him! :) "I have to think about it!?" *rolls eyes!*

Lonny Unitus said...

I'll reply to this...after I think about it for a while.

jb said...

ok - so DON"T TAKE IT PERSONALLY. You have no idea why he said he needed to think about it. Maybe his last break up was bad - maybe he has almost no dating experience. You thought he was nice - Heidi thinks he is nice so it could be any number of reasons. He didn't say no, so at least he isn't repulsed by you :) He also has turned down offers from people to set him up before.

My point is - don't wait around but if he calls or says he'd like to meet don't say no just bcuz he wanted to think about it.

It's not you - it's him