Thursday, January 10, 2008

Veggie Tales

So I was perusing my latest Glamour magazine earlier this week, when I found a 1/2 page article entitled something like "Get to your Healthier Weight (In 30 Days)" . . or something. . . In a nutshell - it's a daily menu (including a weekly SHOPPING list!!). With all the healthy/weight loss stuff being advertised or talked about out there - I have no idea why this struck me - but it did - and at Day 4 (Tip 4) - I'm LOVING it! I'm not really on the menu this week (as I had not shopped for this week). But I am doing the helpful tips - and I am eating bagels, salads, pretzels instead of chips, string cheese, and carrots. I told Amy (In Anoka) - that even if I lose NO weight - as long as I FEEL this good - this is going to be a success! Amy is doing it too (oh yeah, and about 5 other people at work and home who have heard us raving about it). . . and she made the comment that she feels "in control" of what's going in her body. Yes! I had that feeling tonight at Rainbow. I went shopping tonight with next week's list in hand. I have NEVER had so many veggies or fruits in my cart - ever in my life! (Yes, this anti-veggie girl is trying just about everything on the menu - it won't kill me, right?? - ahem . . I am NOT doing the mushrooms. k. nuff said.) Let me tell you I spent about 25 minutes in the produce section alone! I didn't know where things were, I didn't know how the best ones should look, and there were a few things, I wasn't even sure what they were! (is there a taste difference between grape and cherry tomatoes??) The entire trip took over an hour - I spent a lot of time pouring over labels - but you know what?? About every other person was doing the same thing! (picking up box after box and checking labels!) So with cart full of healthy - low cal - high fiber foods (photo above!) I made my way to the checkout expecting the worst! - not bad. For a week's menu (and of course - many things will last longer than that - it was $97. (I've easily dropped $40-$60 bucks on a bag or two of snacks for a girl's night!) So, wish me luck! I'm off to a good start - and I start cooking from the groceries I just bought on Saturday. Stay posted for my progress . . .(ps - not to jinx it - but after 3 days - no tummy issues. Tummy - a - OK!)

And here - I had to post photos of Rock Star Alice as she jams on drums whilst Daddy and Auntie Carrie rock the mic and guitar (respectively) on Daddy's new "Rock Band" video game! (Note 2nd photo - she's using the foot pedal as well!




3 comments:

Mama Kautz said...

LOL I thought you were saying Alice got a Veggie Tale's video WTG on the new eating. I gained 7 back over the holidays :( I am doing WW again...it worked great last summer...just not when there are so many yummy things at Christmas LOL

Grandpa Jerome said...

The diet sounds great Carrie, are you maturing?

I hope you are able to stick with it for awhile and see how it goes. And if you fall off the wagon, you can always get back on.

I am so discussed with myself, I gained weight over the holidays too and can't seem to get it off as fast as I used to.

Last night was date night for us again, we went to Maggiano's in Fashion Show Mall for cocktails and appetizers. This is about the 3rd time we have done this, you would really like the place. Maybe next time your in Vegas we will have to try it.

Love,
Dad

Mama Kautz said...

I say we have a cousins only weekend BEFORE Christmas :) can you tell I have been stuck in the house for 5 freakin' days!!!!!!!! accckkkk Hey Uncle Lon if it makes you feel better Dave gained 15 over Christmas....