Thursday, March 20, 2008

35 Year Old in a 44 Year Old's Body

Today started out simple - I scrapbooked in the morning. At about 11:15 or so Andrea called in sick to our gym venture - which was cool - as I had my body-age assessment anyway - and we wouldn't have been "work out buddies" today anyway. So at noon I met with Alex. We ran through some tests (surveys, heart rate, strength, etc.) . . and the magic number for me is 44. As in, my body thinks it's 44 years old! EEK! So along with the goals of weight loss, staying away from diabetes, and just generally FEELING better - my new goal is to get my body down to 35 years old - if not YOUNGER! Alex was very encouraging - and I have my first training session Monday afternoon. This will create a workout/plan for me - taking into account the aforementioned assessments - as well as my herniated disc! :) In the meantime - Aqua class again tomorrow morning -and maybe a quick Saturday AM trip before Jaymie comes over to scrapbook!

After the gym - I met Becky for lunch at Chilis. (yes, I was good - I had grilled chicken tacos - ok so there was some bacon and cheese - but NO chips or fries!!) Followed this with a trip to Target - and a stop at Alice's to allow Jaime to run an errand. (and as usual - I stayed for dinner! THANKS LON & JAIME!)

I'm lounging in my new Victoria Secret PJs that just arrived yesterday (they were on backorder) - and I'm happy to say that they're TOO BIG!! (but I still look cute in them!) :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

yikes! If you're 44....I must be 80!!!! :(

Good job on being good! It's so damn hard when you go out!

Sounds like you're having a great break.......I can't wait for summer!