Friday, March 21, 2008

Aqua Class, Caribou, Auntie Sue, Quizno's

What a great day today was! And it wasn't even planned out! (I love days like that!)

Started out with a planned trip to the gym with Andrea. We went to the 9:15am Aqua Class again. (Different instructor this tim. . eh. . . ) After the instructor asked Andrea if this was her first Aqua class (yes, we look a little young for this class . . . she kept giving us special attention. . making sure we knew what we were doing. Eh . . I liked the girl from WED better. ANYWAY - we did sit in the whirlpool for a little bit after class - that was cool - and geez old ladies are nice! We had people in the class chit chatting with us - and a very nice group of ladies doing hair/makeup in the locker room! We chatted about Easter plans and homosexuality in Iran(!) :) Neat ladies - bummer that the 9:15 classes are done for us - at least until summer (and then only on Fridays due to summer school).

Andrea and I had a plan to go to Caribou after today's class. That was nice - we actually sat a had our coffees and chatted. Nice and relaxing morning.

Auntie Sue had called me when I was at the gym - so calling her back - she was checking on me - and also wanting to coordinate a time to stop over and drop some things off to me. I was already 1/2 way to Blaine by being at the Spring Lake Park Caribou - so said I'd drive up to her. After she insisted I bring her a Mocha too - we agreed on the plan. :) Yeah - so yadda yadda yadda - we had coffee, visited, had salads for lunch, visited some more. . and before ya knew it - it was almost 5pm and Uncle Bob was home from work!! Unplanned - but what a great afternoon with my Auntie Sue!

Driving home from Blaine, I called Lonny. I had mentioned to them earlier this week - that I'd like to have them over for dinner either Fri or Sat - and being that it was 5pm Friday - and we hadn't talked about it - I wanted to make sure they weren't on their way over to my house! Lonny was just about home - and I guess they had talked about getting Quizno's for dinner. Perfect! I'll pick it up! So stopped in Roseville - with a plan to pop into Archivers to get some paper. Ahhh. . . that will take too long - I'll just get the subs. BUT - as I'm driving into the parking lot of that little shopping area - I see a van with "Al Franken" bumper sticker and "Happy Bunny" sticker . . .and I'm like, . .. .I know that van! Yup Julie was at Archivers. . and already knew Sarah and Katie were attending ScrapMania . . .so I popped in - and said hi to my two worlds . .which were colliding at Archivers! :) ANYWHOO . . .yes - I got the subs and had dinner with the fam.

More scrapbooking when I got home - and a nice long chat with Jaymie on the phone. . . .all makes for a pretty darn good day!

(Oh yes - and the puppies have LOVED the 6 inches of snow that we now have in the backyard again!!)

4 comments:

Lonny Unitus said...

i often find myself talking to old ladies about homosexuality in Iran...so don't think you're special or anything.

ps: thanks for dinner!

Grandma said...

Fun day!

Did both of you think all we old ladies did was knit?!?

Love,
Mom

Melissa said...

I know you're a scrapper?!?!?!?!?

What are you doing next Saturday?

Melissa said...

Somehow the word "Did" didn't make it to my last comment! LOL!