Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hanukkah Party


My friend and co-worker, Joe, invited me to his family's Hanukkah party this evening. I had never been to one - so really didn't know what to expect. Pretty much - it was Christmas with less presents. (of course - they have 8 nights of Hanukkah) :) Joe's mom was there, Shelley's sister and her family, me, and Joe's friend Mark and his girlfriend.

After the prayer and lighting of the menorahs (yes - there were 6 menorahs - a fancy one - one for each kid - and a spare) - Joe and Shelley put on a great spread of the yummiest pot roast, Parmesan broccoli, latkes, and blintzes.




latkes with sour cream and applesauce


blintzes with fruit topping



The kids were playing - but finally Elizabeth got anxious about me finishing (as they were waiting for dinner to be over so they could open presents (sound familiar??) :)


After presents for the kids (and gelt - chocolate coins) we had yummy desserts and then hugs and kisses all around to head out into the cold night!

Pretty fun time for my first ever Hanukkah Party! :) I feel very honored that Joe included me on this special evening. I'm truly glad I got to go. :) Happy Hanukkah everybody!

3 comments:

Heideldy Deideldy said...

That is so awesome! I would love to get in on a Hanukkah gathering sometime too. The different celebrations would be very interesting!

Mama Kautz said...

Very cool....I remember in elementary school learning the Driedle song and we all got little Driedles...not sure if it was a school thing or if there was a student that brought them????? hmmmm

jb said...

fun - and good food to boot! awesome