Saturday, January 22, 2005

Riding in Station Wagons with Boys

Most people probably decided to rent movies and cuddle up inside last night. Not us. We are die hards when it comes to the local scene. We both left work pretty much right away. Melanie went home to take a nap, and I . . . well I had made plans to meet up with a relatively new guy - let's name him Parker. Anyway, through a SNOWSTORM and unplowed highways, I traveled in my '95 Cavalier to meet Parker. We met 1/2 way (he coming from MPLS - me from home) - we ended up in Fridley. .yadda yadda yadda . . . he's not the best kisser I've ever encountered.

Melanie's explanation of yadda yadda yadda: First I was a little shocked that she decided to even meet the dude after he had been quite explicit with his description of what he wanted to do once he met Carrie. But, I guess that's just me being the overprotective friend. So their "meeting" took place in his station wagon. Appartently Parker isn't big into public places. However, he did treat Carrie to some Miller Light (cans) after she needed some proof that the boy was of age. I guess he looked all of 19. Anywho, she tells me that he's a "really nice, normal guy" - interesting that she had to include the word "normal" in her account of the evening.

SO - after sending P on his way to MEXICO - he's in a wedding there tonight?? Maybe - not sure how truthful this boy is yet. . . I continued on my treacherous path to NE to meet up with Melanie. She was IN BED! So as she got be-utified for our trip to GRUMPY'S, I called yet another new(er) guy - let's name him NorthernGuy. NG and I had emailed back and forth - but had not yet conversed. It was good. He seems really intelligent - enjoys the local music scene - and is interesting to talk to.

When Melanie was beautiful, we headed out in snow up to our shins to Dusty's - to fill our bellies with HOT DAGO. I think it was "Bring your PARTNER" night at Dusty's. . . .we fit in just fine. Grumpy's was PACKED for a blizzard night! We sat at the bar - called Vanhtha to join us (after his Becker Furniture World audition) and enjoyed a pitcher of Stella whilst checking out the locals STILL streaming in. Stinky Matt was there. . .but with new friends. Stinky(Cute) Nick wasn't there, and when asked, Matt didn't seem impressed that we cared.

We did play darts. Vanhtha was pretty good for a guy who "doesn't play darts.". . .Melanie and I also challanged (and beat) cute stocking cap boy and his friend to a game before they stepped out into the cold. (Vanhtha was the BEST guy friend - he pretended - I mean he ACTED - like he was our Special (and by special - I mean - SPECIAL - drool and everything) friend - could have even been our Special Adopted Lao Brother.

The night ended with us manuvering our way out of the new snow drift - and heading back to Melanie's for junk food, diet cokes, and deep conversation with Landlord Bill.

All in all - a good time was had by all - and no, No Kamikazes yet.

No comments: