Saturday, January 08, 2005

Where the Boys Are

OK! After been given the ol' heave Ho by Lobster Boy on Wed. night - guess who we ran into at Grumpy's??? Ok, to be fair, we were actually eating at Mill City Cafe - and on the way back to Melanie's I did a "drive by" - and thought - hey! Might that be LB's vehicle?? Once returning to Melanie's I told her that his truck MAY have been there - but I couldn't tell for sure - I thought it more PINK in color. Well, this was all she needed to hear. . . .OF COURSE we're going to check it out! We did, and we came to the consensus - that MAYBE that was his - let's go have ONE beer while we wait for our evening to start (went to Back Alley Gallery in St. Paul to see little bro's poster show). . . ANYWAY. .was it his truck? YES! He was there. . .we were there. .Melanie thought for sure he saw us. . . . me, I wanted to throw up. .no longer liked the idea of coming in for a beer. Melanie suggested we go play a game of darts - we did . . with two guys who were "hangin" near the dartboards. We played some darts - twas a little bit fun - however the feeling of wanting to throw up was still present. While playing, LB walked by us on his way to the bathroom. When he came out - we made eyecontact - and talked for about 1/2 an hour. Nothin good really came of the conversation - except that I have some closure. He's not really into going out - and was too scared to say that in the multiple conversations we had had since the day we met. I guess LB just proves that most guys are jerks, and that I'm too good for them! I did thank him for the slap of reality - and the welcome back into the dating world. Melanie's falling asleep. .and I need to be in St. Cloud for Desi's wedding in less than 7 hours! GOOD NIGHT CRUEL WORLD!

No comments: