Thursday, January 06, 2005

Stood Up

Ok, here is the big "Welcome Back to the World of Singletons!" Met this guy - let's call him "Lobster Boy" - met him at Grumpy's whilst celebrating Melanie's birthday. (Red Flag #1 - he was with a friend, who flirted w/ Melanie - and turns out to be married.) - Anyway. . Lobster Boy and I kinda hit it off - and yadda yadda yadda - he came back to Melanie's place with us. Long story short - Melanie pretty much passed out right away -and Lobster Boy and I had a very innocent few hours or so of small talk and getting to know each other - yadda yadda yadda - he went home at 7:30 in the morning. LB seemed very genuine, he seemed as shy and awkward as I did about this first "date?", said all the right things - he wanted to get together - but wanted to make sure I was ready - blah blah blah. OK - so I called him - left a message - called again - talked to him - because of holidays he was really busy at work - but would like to get together after the first of the year. FUN! Yay! right? well, we were supposed to get together last night (afternoon) after he got off of work - he didn't even CALL! NO CALL even! I called and left a message - with my last comment being - "I get it." - but what the heck??? He seemed so GREAT! So genuine! So SWEET! So gentle! Am I THAT bad of a judge of character?? This truly makes me nervous. I would have NEVER guessed that he would ditch me like this - am I doomed to always think the good things -and not notice the crappy guys????

Well - wish me luck - I think I'm going to need it! Poor poor me!

No comments: